119 cal, 18C/4F/3P/9S.
Would it be Fall without some Super Soft Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins? Didn’t think so! 50 cal minis and 119 cal regular muffins for all! Happy Fall Baking!
Made with wholesome and simple ingredients, these muffins are a Fall breakfast staple. They have just the right amount of sweetness thanks to pumpkin, little coconut (or brown) sugar, and semisweet chocolate. A lot of the moisture comes from protein-packed greek yogurt. For the tiny 1 tbsp oil that you need, you can use healthy options such as avocado, coconut or even olive oil. Whatever you have works! And make sure to incorporate plenty of that pumpkin pie spice! ❤
And with this recipe I’m giving you the option to make two sizes. Regular sized for grab-and-go snacks and breakfasts and minis for a bite-sized dessert or popping a few on top of your breakfast bowl for a warm and spicy start to your day.
Or do what I do and bake 5 regular sized ones and 12 minis in just one batch! I like to cover all my snacking bases.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (240 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp any oil (I always use either avocado oil or melted coconut) (14 g)
- 3 tbsp greek yogurt (I used Fage 2%) (45 g)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (I use coconut sugar) (48 g)
- 1 cup any wheat flour (I used white whole wheat flour but all purpose should work nicely) (120 g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- all the pumpkin pie spice you like (I used 1 1/2 tsp)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used minis) (60 g)
Makes 10 regular or 24 mini muffins. Preheat the oven to 350F and spray your muffin tins. Mix together all wet (including sugar), whisk together all dry. Combine the two (do NOT overmix) and fold in the chocolate. Pour into greased muffin tins (I actually use silicone pans). If making minis bake for 15-17 minutes. Otherwise 20-25 should do it for regular sized muffins.
Hope you love these and tag me on instagram with your photos!